Biyernes, Hunyo 20, 2014

I'm Still Your Superman...



Ring ! Ring ! Ring ! .... Gosh! It's Monday morning. First day of classes and I'm late. Oh my! My friend is waiting for me. He'll be crazy and for sure, he will be mad of me just like what he always does.


I hurriedly walked towards him. I was few meters away from our meeting place but I could see him already. Was it really him? I couldn't be mistaken. I remembered the way he looks and he moves.
One proof was his hairstyle. It  looked like the spines of a dinosaur and I knew that he put lots of gel on it.
His name is Johan, my best friend. I gave him sweetest smile (✿◠‿◠)  but he replied a bitter pout >3< . This is it ! the machine gun will started blowing.



(✖╭╮✖) (Д´)ノ " Hey! Wonder Woman ! You are late for a hundred, thousand times. 
What do you want me to do, wait for you here until the end of the world? Can't you be punctual? ".
 " Don't get mad Superman. I'm sorry, okay? I promise to be early next time. Besides, you're getting ugly when you're angry. " Ծ_Ծ v( ̯ )v
 " Oh please! I'm sick of all your promises. Come on, Follow me. " 


We were always like that. Johan and I cannot stand a day without having misunderstandings. 
We always quarrel but we never let a day end without reconciling. He was my childhood friend. 
Ever since our Elementary days, we made sure that we're classmates. 


I still remember when I was assigned to a lower section, he requested his class adviser to let him join me on my class. He's always by my side in times when I needed him the most that's why I called him "Superman", my hero, my brother and my best friend. Since then, he called me "Wonder woman" in return.
According to him, his life is incomplete without me.


"Where are we going? We're supposed to go to school?"
"Mark texted me. He told me that there's no class today. 
They will just clean the room so let's just go there tomorrow."
"Where are we going now?"
"To the mall. I'll buy a pair of wrist watch for us. I'll teach you how to read a clock and come on time."


He bought me a personalized watch for me. It looked like a locket. 
On the other side is our picture and the other is the watch. On its bracelet, our names were written.  
That's how sweet he was and I was very blessed for having him as my friend.
I thought it was endless but a heart breaking truth torned my heart into pieces. ()


A few months later, I have noticed that  he looked pale. I told him to see a doctor but he refused to follow my advices. Then, he started to be very nice and sweet. (。◕‿◕。)

 
He keeps on telling me how much he loves me and how much he was thankful of having me as his best friend. He also reminded me the laughters and the tears we've shared.
I felt quite uneasy because he was acting very strange. 
There were times that I saw him crying but he never mentioned the reason why.
That caused sleepless nights to me. ()


Day passed and he started failing to attend our classes. I was too worried so, I decided to visit him in his house. I was shocked when i saw him lying down on his bed, very weak and his hair was falling.
Tears fell down on my face.(◕︵◕) o(╥﹏╥)o  
I'm his best friend yet I didn't know about it. He looked at me and asked me to sit beside him.
He wiped my tears and beg me not to cry because he feels sad when I'm crying.


"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.
"Because I don't want you to worry about me.
I don't want you to stop your world just because I have a Leukemia."


He stared at me as if he will never see me again. Then I cried out loud.
I cannot stop my tears from falling from falling for I felt very useless that time.
I'm his Wonder woman and yet I cannot do anything to ease the pain that he's suffering.
"Don't feel helpless Trixie. I'm going to fight againts this disease.  I promised not to leave you so you don't have to be afraid. And even if I die, I'll be here in times that you need me."


He continued having his chemotherapy. I saw how bravely struggle from the pain and as his best friend, I will be strong for him. I never left him in those bad times, but the fate was not good to us.
His leukemia reached its fourth stage and the doctor said that he will only live for three months.
I wanted to lose hope that very moment. My world crashed but I was amazed on how he accepted it with full of courage. It's painful to see my best friend dying slowly but I pretended that I will be okay.


"I'm sorry for I can't live anymore. It's hard for me to leave because I know that you will be hurt. But I promised to guide and be with you always. Please don't forget how much I love you. 
Remember, I'm still your SUPERMAN."
"I will. If you really have to go, I understand. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."


Then, I bid him my final hug. He seemed like he never wanted to go. 
I can feel how hard it was for him to breathe.
Hardly, he whispered to me, " I'm still your Superman." Then he gave his last breathe.


I cried with grief and I held him close to my arms. I wish I could turn back the time.
If only I have another chance, I would have given him all the best that I have.
It's really hard to lose a friend. I always tell myself that I also died the day he left. But life must go on even though the process of moving on is long and difficult.


Until now, I'm wearing the watch he had given me and every morning, I hurriedly run towards our meeting place, hoping to see him again once again. 

♡ ♡ ♡ 

 

Thanks for Viewing and reading this post of mine on my blog,   I hoped you enjoyed. Goodnight! :* ~ April...



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento